Best blog post I have EVER read:

Yesterday I read the Living Proof Ministries blog and was near tears.

Go HERE immediately and read "The Baffling Call to Communicate."

This blog is especially important to anyone that feels called to speak/teach God's Word to others. I would also highly suggest it to anyone that knows someone who has this calling. It will help you have a peak into what is going on in their heads.

I love Beth's honesty in this blog. I have never been able to pen or communicate what she wrote about what it is like to be called to communicate/speak/teach.

Being called to speak was God's total irony on my life... for many reasons.

First, if you know even 10% of my testimony you understand why I think He lost His mind when He so clearly called me to this in college.

Second, I am a doer. I like to get things done. And I like to get things done my way. Speaking is all about waiting on God's timing and doing it 100% His way. I know really everything in life is this way. But every other job I had, I was able to hit it out of the park with my own abilities. The Lord only excelled that. But with speaking, I can't work really hard to be anointed. Now matter how much I prepare, I might not connect with the audience. And often times, no matter how soon I start preparing, many times I'm walking up to the podium and He changes my whole lesson right there. On top of all that if my personal walk is off at all, it shows. Completely shows.

Don't hear me complaining. I'm not. Speaking/teaching is also one of the greatest thrills of my life. One of my favorite parts of it is the prep work. I love what I get to learn on my own. 98% of the prep work is just for me and never makes it to my notes. The other 2% though is pretty incredible. I love seeing the Lord literally interrupt my thoughts and just take over when I teach. He makes me laugh with what He brings to mind while I'm speaking. I love talking with women after wards (sometimes years after) and hearing how the Lord lead them to _____ after that lesson. This calling is one of the greatest honors of my life.

Here is the verse I pray over myself for speaking: 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

"1And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. 2For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, 4and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God."